Five Plus Size Traveling Tips
Summer is right around the corner and that has everyone thinking about their next getaway. Whether you're flying or driving to your dream destination, we have some advice to keep you comfortable during your travels. From clothing to tips and tricks, On The Plus Side is here to help!
1. Travel in comfort over style. While we always want to look and feel our best, being comfortable is key.
A pair of cotton leggings and a breathable cotton tee is going to feelbest for long travels. Bring along a nice comfy cardigan in case you get cool.
2. Stay cool in the heat. Bringing a small personal fan or neck air conditioner are important to keep you feeling relaxed and cool in hot climates.
Other items that are helpful are cooling towels and brimmed hats.
3. Be prepared for flights. Did you know you can buy your own seat belt extender online? This saves you from having to ask for one on the plane. Most come with certificates that proves the extender is yours in case there is any question. Depending on the flight you may not need one, but it’s always nice to be prepared in case!
4. Find comfortable footwear. Something easy to slip on and off is important. Whether you're going through TSA or slipping them off to be comfortable in the car, you don't have to be worrying about tying shoes. Make sure these are also comfortable for walking through airports or on the boardwalk!
5. Pick the perfect plus size swimwear. Find a suit that makes you feel comfortable and confident on the beach or in the pool. We personally love a swim dress or a two piece with shorts!
We hope these tips help you when traveling this summer. It's important to stay cool and comfortable in the hot temperatures, and most of all enjoy yourself every minute of your trip.