We've all heard the "Rules" for dressing when you're a plus-sized woman - "Never wear horizontal stripes!" "Wear baggy clothes!" "Only wear dark colors!" We're happy to say, "False!" to all of those limitations. With knowledge of your body shape, and a few stylist tips and suggestions, plus the most fashion-forward and flattering Fall collection we've ever produced you have no excuse for not looking your best.
Plus Size Fashion Myths - Broken!
Myth #1: Never wear horizontal stripes.
Nonsense! Horizontal stripes can add dimension and structure. Choose an item with a bit of stretch that uses stripes to highlight your assets. See our Allez Tunic
for crisp black and white stripes, or our Wave Jacket
for a textural horizontal motif.
Myth #2: Only wear baggy clothes.
P-shaw! Finding the right fit is key for a flattering wardrobe. Don't be afraid to wear figure-hugging styles, as these can emphasize your curves. Avoid baggy clothing as this can swamp your silhouette. At MiB, we foucs on fit with ease. Do not order up! Our clothing is tailored to our exact specifications and designed to flatter your figure. Try our Open Shoulder Tunic
and Rumba Snap Side Skirt
and reveal your inner Fashionista!
Myth #3: Only wear dark colors.
Don't get us wrong - we love dark colors and are offering many beautiful new items in charcoal, black and navy, but adding a pop of color is a great way to elevate an outfit and brighten your day. From new knit tops
in golden Artisan to batik "Art You Can Wear", we are offering a prismatic collection this fall.
MiB Fashion Tips
- Try a trend and know what works for you - make sure the clothes you choose complement your curves and accentuate the positives
- Try fashion forward tops, like the Two Tone Swing Top, they make a bold statement!
- Try the color of the year "Radiant Orchid" in our Greenwich Tunic
- According to Vogue Paris, Navy is one of the top-trending colors for Fall. Combine with black for a modern classic or set off its inky hue with a neutral slate for sophisticated style. See an MiB Navy ensemble in action in our Honeycomb Drape Cardigan!
- Work the side panel! The figure enhancing panels of our Highland Zipper Sweater are designed to flatter
- A Vogue Paris Fall trend for 2014 is Tomboy Style. Check out our feminine twist on the Tomboy style in the Markie Vest and Plaid Henley Tunic
- Choose pieces like our, Cheetah Tunic and Diamond Duster, that allow for variety and can be worn multiple ways!
- Invest in Your Outerwear! The first thing people notice abou you when the weather gets cooler is your outerwear. Opt for a coat with a little flavor and a lot of style like the Lustre Reversible Raincoat
- Accessorize! A scarf or a necklace can bring just the right about of flare to any outfit. Check out all our new Fall accessories or even better let your clothes accessorize for you with our Petra Tunic
- Make your dress hit you in the right place! Dresses are a girl's best friend. Make them work for you. Having them hit you in the right spot is the trick. Highlight your best assets!
- Add a POP of color! Color can not only cheer you up, but it has the ability to draw attention to certain areas. If you want to emphasize your neckline, go with a colorful statement necklace. If you want to emphasize your waist, choose a colorful top or belt!
- Embrace details! Choose pieces that are touchable and textured or maybe something with sculptural details!
- Don't be afraid of color! Vibrant hues in unexpected combinations are perfectly on-trend for Fall.
- Bundle up without bulk! Add warmth in layers to keep a flattering silhouette.
- Own your style! Bring your style by calling forward your favorite mix of patterns and solids!
MiB Body Shape Quiz
Don't know your body shape yet? Take our quiz to find your perfect fit and then shop your shape!